Thursday, May 13, 2010

Oatmeal reinvented



I know this looks quite nasty... but it's actually quite good!

So, I told a dear friend that I had never eaten oatmeal in my life (to her shock). As a health nut, I think she was quite offended. I told her that it always looked quite unappetizing to me, and there always seemed to be a sugary cereal alternative (which I took).

She quickly put together an... oatmeal kit (?) for me. That's the only way I can think of describing it.


It contains the following:

1. yogurt (any will do)
2. flax seed (as someone who would be content with a diet of fried chicken and potatoes, my eyes glazed over)
3. blueberries (other fruits will do as well!)
4. cereal (honey bunches of oats is a good choice)
5. oatmeal (can't forget you!)

Mix it all together, and voila! I call it, blueberry oatmeal mush.

No comments: