Friday, August 5, 2011

our wedding (palette)

palette_blog
(left to right, top to bottom: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ,6, 7)

Believe it or not, my fiance has taken a very active role in the life of our wedding colors. He has been bugging me all week to give him a selection of colors I'd like for our wedding. So, I had some free time today and decided to whip something up and give the man what he wants!

Here's a very basic idea of what I want our colors to be (I know, it looks like I want all the colors in the world). Lots of subtle hues (ivory, beige, muted blues and pinks, peach, sage green, etc.) with pepperings of coral, mint, gold and silver. The last block represents wooden textures I'd like to have in our wedding. :) This is all happening in my head though, who knows how it will turn out.

I realized today that a very exciting part of planning your wedding and working on a tight budget is being given motivation to learn new skills!

Some things I'm planning to learn or improve on for wedding projects:

- calligraphy
- woodworking (ha-ha)
- sewing
- painting
- floral arrangement
- dancing (this is for day-of. probably the toughest thing on here, seeing as i have no rhythm at all.)

Hopefully I'm not being too ambitious....

1 comment:

Anastasia Marie said...

Looks really lovely! Can't wait to see how you're going to put everything together.